Another tool Mike may find useful is gong to linuxconf and checking out the
status tab then clicking on logs, etc.....
hth,

Ben

--
Ben Reeves

"He who knows much about others is learned, but he who understands himself is
more intelligent. He who
 controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier
still."
- Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King