I recently downloaded Mandrake 9.1 and was testing it. In installed it and
everything worked fine from the install, SVGA, the whole bit. I restarted
the computer, and when it got to starting x, that's where it had problems.
The normal grey texture came up, ok, and that funny blue background ok, but
as soon as it started to display the login box it just appears and before i
can really even see it, it goes away and the screen flickers and goes black,
and tried to load it again. It does that a few times then goes to console,
not giving any errors. I log in and type "startx". It loads, and the screen
starts with a red baclground, and the KDE taskbar comes up for a couple
seconds, then goes away. The scrren at that point stays red. I ran some
tests on my video card when i was using windows and it told me:

Video driver:
S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
MANUFACTURER:
S3 Compatible Display Adapter
BIOS:
60.00.06
DATE:
09/20/02

I went to the site and downloaded the newest drivers, but no luck. Any
idea's suggestions?

-Cody Harris

Linux Rox My Sox!
Check out HCHS!
http://vectec.net

Proud to use Mandrake Linux 8.1 as a server.
Not proud to use Windows as a primary server.

Registered Linux user #315598
Registered Linux Computer #200951