On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 05:51, Gareth Qually wrote:
> I have installed Linux, which seems fine.
> But when I boot it trys to start X, but fails. It mentions editing a config
> file, but does not say what it needs to do. I had Linux working fine on my old
> system, but the new system does not like it it seems. The graphics card and
> other PCI slot cards are the same. I did find at the end ofthe installation it
> would say that all was done but could not unmount some disks. Oh yes I also
> have to do a text install, cause a graphical install seems to hang the machine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ciao...
>
> www.slowlymakingsmoke.com
> www.qually.net

You've not said what kind of system, ram, other components you have...

but i'm betting you have a newer ATI card or Nvidia one... if i don't
hit f1 and then type: linux vga=normal at the command/install prompt my
setup hangs too...black screen.  Try that..its shitty grafx but works
better than text mode.
--
Femme
On MDK 9.1, more or less 24/7...cept for gaming. Finally. :D