On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 05:02:57PM -0600, Heather/Femme wrote:
> can someone email me on or offlist how to work with these files in linux
> pls?  RTFM, instructions, URLS ..whatever welcome.  I just know it has
> been discussed on here but I don't have the time to look through the
> archives at the moment.  So forgive my laziness, lack of time, <insert
> jab at me here>. :)
>
> ty.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "work with" the files, but if you've
got a rar archive to unpack, you can do it with:

unrar e file.rar

If you need to open/read a pdf, there's xpdf and ghostview and probably
others. Just "xpdf file.pdf".

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise,
we don't believe in it at all. -Noam Chomsky