On Saturday August 16 2003 09:30 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 05:02:57PM -0600, Heather/Femme wrote:
> > can someone email me on or offlist how to work with these files
> > in linux pls?  RTFM, instructions, URLS ..whatever welcome.  I
> > just know it has been discussed on here but I don't have the
> > time to look through the archives at the moment.  So forgive my
> > laziness, lack of time, <insert jab at me here>. :)
> >
> > ty.
>
> Not exactly sure what you mean by "work with" the files, but if
> you've got a rar archive to unpack, you can do it with:
>
> unrar e file.rar

unrar-3.20-1plf   is on PLF.  If there's multiple parts, then
  'unrar e file.part01.rar'  will start the process, and use all the
remaining parts. OTOH, if you want to use a GUI, then
   'cp /usr/bin/unrar /usr/bin/rar'    and install File Roller.
Clicking on the first rar part in a file manger (eg, Konqueror)
will launch File Roller and then just choose Extract, and click OK.
Try both the CL and the GUI, see which method you like the best ;)
unrar needs to be copied to rar, because that what File Roller looks
for and uses. So don't skip that step. 'Course you could also do it
with a link.