-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kurniawan Mitchell
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 10:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] how to uninstall php and reinstalled again?

> 1, how did you install php? rpm? tar?
I have been included on Mandrake 9.0 installation.
rpm installation - I used rpm package installation.
tar installation - I have never used it before.

> 2, why do you _need_ to un-install it? space? newer
> version?
I want to upgrade to the latest release.

> 3, as root, in a text console urmpe php

so "urmpe php" --> will it find all the php dependcy
and uninstall it? Can I just upgrade from old version
to newer version by overwrite the older version.

What's I mean, I just install new version without
uninstall the older version ? How ? Thanks