On Tuesday 19 Aug 2003 1:12 pm, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right list for this type of question but I will
> plunge in anyway.  I am running Postfix 2.04 on my Linux system and using
> Fetchmail to pull down mail from my ISP and inject it into Postfix.  I have
> local aliases setup for all of the ISP accounts so the mail comes in from
> the ISP mail address and is then routed to the local address.
>
> What I am trying to do is to get Postfix to use RBL checks to bounce mail
> when it comes from a DNSBL listed address.  I am currently using Procmail
> and Spamassassin for filtering but the DNSBL filters in Spamassassin don't
> seem to be working at all since mail is never tagged when it comes from a
> DNSBL listed spammer.  I suspect that it is seeing the headers from my ISP
> as the originating source due to Fetchmail and is therefore deciding that
> blocklisted spam is actually from my ISP and thus okay.
>
> I also suspect that the Postfix RBL client restrictions are failing for
> much the same reason, it reads the ISP headers and decides that the mail is
> okay.
>
> Has anyone on the list implemented a solution that enables DNSBL filtering
> from Postfix when mail is injected with Fetchmail, or even some method of
> directly checking DNSBL from Procmail and rejecting the mail there?

By default spamassassin disables the DNSBL tests.
Have you enabled it by putting
    score RCVD_IN_RBL               10
    score RCVD_IN_RSS               1
    score RCVD_IN_DUL               1
    score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET    4

in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs  (for per user), or
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf  (for all users) ?

If you add the following text to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf then
spamassassin will also check the www.njabl.org open relay blacklist.

header IN_NJABL_ORG    rbleval:check_rbl('njabl','dnsbl.njabl.org.')
describe IN_NJABL_ORG  Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
tflags IN_NJABL_ORG    net
header NJABL_OPEN_RELAY         rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
'127.0.0.2')
describe NJABL_OPEN_RELAY       DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Open Relay
tflags NJABL_OPEN_RELAY         net
header NJABL_DUL                rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
'127.0.0.3')
describe NJABL_DUL              DNSBL: sender ip address in in a dialup block
tflags NJABL_DUL                net
header NJABL_SPAM_SRC           rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
'127.0.0.4')
describe NJABL_SPAM_SRC         DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Spam Source
tflags NJABL_SPAM_SRC           net
header NJABL_MULTI_STAGE        rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
'127.0.0.5')
describe NJABL_MULTI_STAGE      DNSBL: sent through multi-stage open relay
tflags NJABL_MULTI_STAGE        net
header NJABL_CGI        rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl', '127.0.0.8')
describe NJABL_CGI      DNSBL: sender is an open formmail
tflags NJABL_CGI        net
header NJABL_PROXY      rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl', '127.0.0.9')
describe NJABL_PROXY    DNSBL: sender is an open proxy
tflags NJABL_PROXY      net
score IN_NJABL_ORG              0.38
score NJABL_DUL                 0.62
score NJABL_MULTI_STAGE         0.75