On Tuesday 19 August 2003 09:52 am, Derek Jennings wrote:

> By default spamassassin disables the DNSBL tests.
> Have you enabled it by putting
>     score RCVD_IN_RBL               10
>     score RCVD_IN_RSS               1
>     score RCVD_IN_DUL               1
>     score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET    4
>
> in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs  (for per user), or
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf  (for all users) ?
>

> If you add the following text to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf then
> spamassassin will also check the www.njabl.org open relay blacklist.
>
> header IN_NJABL_ORG    rbleval:check_rbl('njabl','dnsbl.njabl.org.')
> describe IN_NJABL_ORG  Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
> tflags IN_NJABL_ORG    net
> header NJABL_OPEN_RELAY         rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
> '127.0.0.2')
> describe NJABL_OPEN_RELAY       DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Open Relay
> tflags NJABL_OPEN_RELAY         net
> header NJABL_DUL                rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
> '127.0.0.3')
> describe NJABL_DUL              DNSBL: sender ip address in in a dialup
> block tflags NJABL_DUL                net
> header NJABL_SPAM_SRC           rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
> '127.0.0.4')
> describe NJABL_SPAM_SRC         DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Spam Source
> tflags NJABL_SPAM_SRC           net
> header NJABL_MULTI_STAGE        rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl',
> '127.0.0.5')
> describe NJABL_MULTI_STAGE      DNSBL: sent through multi-stage open relay
> tflags NJABL_MULTI_STAGE        net
> header NJABL_CGI        rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl', '127.0.0.8')
> describe NJABL_CGI      DNSBL: sender is an open formmail
> tflags NJABL_CGI        net
> header NJABL_PROXY      rbleval:check_rbl_results_for('njabl', '127.0.0.9')
> describe NJABL_PROXY    DNSBL: sender is an open proxy
> tflags NJABL_PROXY      net
> score IN_NJABL_ORG              0.38
> score NJABL_DUL                 0.62
> score NJABL_MULTI_STAGE         0.75
> score NJABL_PROXY               3.00
> score NJABL_OPEN_RELAY          3.00
> score NJABL_CGI                 1.50
> score NJABL_SPAM_SRC            3.00
>

> derek

Actually, there is some type of issue with SpamAssassin on my system.  For
some reason as yet unknown to me, SpamAssassin does not do ANY DNS checks on
my system including the RBL checks.  I have enabled them although IIRC, they
are enabled by default in version 2.55 which I am running.  Debug in spamd
says that on the dns checks, it fails to resolve mx hosts for the three
servers that I entered, however, I can ping those mx servers by name without
any problem from the CL.  I still don't know why Net::DNS appears to be
failing but it is.  I have installed rblcheck and that does lookups just fine
but I don't know how to get the IP addresses into rblcheck from within
Procmail to filter at that level.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer