On Sunday August 24 2003 10:27 am, David E. Fox wrote:
> Lanman, see my other post to Tom on this. The upshot is that even
> with the missing rpm message, you can reboot and get a working
> install. It's nearly at the end of the install.
>
> RC1 (rumor unsubstantiated) is out. You could burn new images.

    Haven't got your post yet David. I don't see RC1 on the mirrors
yet, just checked. I'm fairly certain current cooker is RC1. I'd
just go ahead an update beta2 to current, rather than fool with the
iso's. I just usually d/l the iso's for backup, or to take a look
at the installer (upgrade an already current cooker). Then urpmi
any missing rpms from the beta2 install.

> > e's a work-around? Also, didn't Mandrake announce that the new
> > 2.6 Kernel w= ould be added to Beta2? Didn't find it. FYI, I
> > checked the md5sums of cours=
>
> Hmm. I have not seen it. I'm not about to try something that
> dangerous
>
> :). You might want to urpmi kernel to see if it shows up. AFAIK
> : 2.6 is
>
> not going to be shipped with 9.2.

   Whether it will or not, it's on cooker mirrors in /contribs
(RPMS2).
ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/Linux/Mandrake/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2/kernel-2.6.0-0.test3.1mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm

     That's test3, test4 should be available shortly. I don't think
2.6 will be in mainstream distros till early next year. I wouldn't
fool with it just now.