On Sunday 24 August 2003 08:57 pm, John Wilson wrote:
> On August 24, 2003 04:58 pm, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 August 2003 01:08 pm, Curt Tresenriter wrote:

> > > SCO hangs themselves...
> > >
> > > http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2003-08-24-001-26-NW-CY-LL
> >
> > Curt:
> > The plot muddies. Here's Groklaw's latest:
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0120124/
> > And, yes, SCO still times out...
> > -- cmg
>
> Gee, DDOSing yourself?  That would be a new low even for SCO. :-)
>
> But I really do wonder just what the heck is going on.  Exec's dumping
> shares faster than BC forests burn up.  Web sites unexpectedly on line.
> Other companies with Canopy money in them peddling as far and as fast as
> they can from the impeding debacle.
>
> I have a feeling this will be a very interesting, though knowing McBride,
> probably uncomfortable week.
>
> ttfn
>
> John

John:
In my experience, the first thing that a lawyer tells a client involved in a
lawsuit is, "Don't say anything to anyone. Remember that neither the press
nor the public try the case, the judge and and jury do." My take is that
McBride (and yet-to-be-indicted co-conspirators) are doing all that they can
to run the stock price up and hope that someone (IBM) will buy them out.
Clever idea, but it is a felony, as Darl will learn when his new cellmate
decides to ignore the "Mc" and makes Darl his new Bride for the next 5 to 7
years. Now, that's discomfort (or so I'm told).
-- cmg