On Tuesday 26 August 2003 01:43 pm, Frankie wrote:

> [...]
   Not only that but where would it end? Everything has a control center of
some sort. The breaker box in a home or workplace. Dashboard on your car, How
about the remote for your TV or VCR? Some of this stuff seems just a bit to
generic to patent. To be able to patent something like that in a computer
would have legal implications that are staggering not only to the computer
and software industry but everywhere. But on the other hand it would not be
the first time that MS tried to do something that seemed insane to any normal
person.

    Marc
    KM5KW