Hi Derek,

Thanks for the info. Yes I do use Klipper but ClipMate was a very useful clipboard tool that I used constantly (I actually paid for that one, and 2 upgrades). With it you could create groups that you could copy into and these groups were permanent. You also had the temporary group that you could configure to either start deleting entries after a given time or number.

You could also paste several different clips into one or merge existing clips into one.

Power Paste was also a useful function. You clicked "paste" and then it automatically moved to the next clip in line (like a revolver). So clicking "paste" "paste" "paste" (3 times) gave you 3 different things.

You could also edit the clips within clipmate. The one touch wizard took out all unwanted hard line breaks and those stupid annoying carrots ">". Then it is all clean so you can "forward" all those stupid chain letters to people who have seen them a thousand times. But hey, it was quick and easy to do :-)

This is the home page of ClipMate:

http://www.thornsoft.com/

I know this is a windows program but this would be a definate plus to add something similar to this to Linux

Thanks
Russ