On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:10:43 +0800
"Frankie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Disabling cookies outright is generally a bad idea..
> I prefer to block any cookies with expiry dates that are over a week
> in the future.
> Also, I block any cookies coming from domains different from the page
> you are on.
>
> If you disable all cookies, many interactive pages will not work
> properly if at all, like shopping carts, and many other similiar
> scripts.
>
> I also set any cookies from doubleclick and the other spam/add
> organisations to blocked.

Actually, that's something I've never really thought about. What are the
potential dangers with cookies, besides someone knowing what sites I
visit. I don't visit any porn sites, so no chance of embarassment, not
that I'd give a rat's ass anyway, but what other threats are there?

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046