> That's funny - I use the standard release (9.1) version without
> problems.  I'm not a big chatter, but I've used it for msn and icq.

Weird if I shut mine down by clicking on the icon in the System Tray the
icon sits in the system tray and you then can't start Kopete up again. If
you shut it down from the drop down menu in the GUI then it just sits
greyed out on the desktop and the only way to get rid is to  Xkill it.

--
John Willby
Registered Linux user number 321644