On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 01:36, rikona wrote:
> Hello Lyvim,
>
> Sunday, August 31, 2003, 11:46:16 AM, you wrote:
>
> LX> What about representative government?  Haven't they heard about
> LX> people that vote?
>
> Yes, but people vote according to what they hear in the media. Money
> rules, because it is expensive to get good media coverage. Perhaps
> European politicians have seen how much the media can influence
> elections. Take California, for example, in which a leading
> contender's primary qualification is that he is well known as an
> actor. Whoever controls/dominates the media controls the country. The
> politicians MUST bow to the wishes of the media, or else...
>
> I'll bet one of the first uses of this law will be to 'protect' the
> media industry - the future: you'll have to watch/listen to what they
> want, when they want, and how they want.
>
> <end rant>

Pass on quotes:

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled
by evil men.
       Plato

If liberty and equality, as is thought by some are chiefly to be found
in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in
the government to the utmost.
      Aristotle, Politics

I for one could always sleep better at nights knowing that Hilary
(Rosen) was representing the top recording artists in the industry"
      Sen. Orrin Hatch,  chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee