On Tuesday 02 Sep 2003 12:57 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
>    I updated KDE to 3.1.3 via URPMI...everything appeared fine, but when
> I logged out and logged back in, the kicker bar at the bottom of the
> screen was gone.
>    I then logged in as root and deleted the ~/.kde directories for all
> users and then logged back in as a user to KDE.  Now I have no
> applications to select from in the menu.  And neither does the root
> account. I used Menudrake to try and make changes but they have no effect
> for either user or root.  The applications are obviously there and I can
> acces them when using Gnome, for example.  Also, right clicking on the
> kicker bar and selecting the option to configure does not bring up the
> configure screen.
>    I hope this is a simple fix, as everything else appears in working
> order.
>
>    Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Try running menudrake as a user
select 'Menu Style'> System Administrator settings

Then run menudrake as root configure the 'System Menu'
'Menu Style'>All applications (Mandrake menu)

If its still not there run
update-menus  as root and as a user then logout/in to KDE again

Did that fix it?

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net