Hello Merlin,

Tuesday, September 2, 2003, 1:53:28 AM, you wrote:

MZ> Can anyone recommend a good Outlook replacement?

Yes - check out TheBat! See http://www.ritlabs.com/ It's not free, but
it's worth the modest price. It's VERY good about security and
privacy, and uses NO M$ components. Say goodbye to most virus
problems.

MZ> * Has to be able to import all my old stuff into folders like it
MZ>   was before, and have rules to put new incoming mail into folders
MZ>   like Outlook does.

Can import .MSG & .EML files (I think these are the ones OE uses, but
I've never used OE, so can't be sure). Also imports/exports MBX and
other formats - even text. Quite flexible.

MZ> * Would be nice if I could right-click on a URL in a mail msg and
MZ>   select "open" or "open in new window" [or tab]

Can open it. Can set Opera to open it in a new window/tab. Can copy it
too if you want to do something else with it.

MZ> * Be able to read HTML as HTML, without attachments automatically
MZ>   opening...

Does this by default. Since it does not use M$ components to read
HTML, you can read it safely. It will NOT go out to the web for
anything unless you specifically say to do it. Better yet, you can set
TB to read everything as text (as it should be in the first place).

You can see ALL viruses and attachments easily, and can safely save
them for examination if you wish, or delete just the virus and save
the rest.

Can do lots more, too, like running mailing lists, etc. Also does PGP
and other secure mail. Worth checking out...

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]