On Wednesday 03 September 2003 09:59 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I downloaded a whole lot of alsa rpm files, I installed all of them but
> whenever I try and use ALSA it tells me that there are no sound cards. I
> have a SB Audigy card. I dug around it the directories and did find a
> audigy.conf file, But i can't figure out how to tell ALSA to use it. Can
> anybody please help.

The ALSA.org site has a pretty comprehensive writeup on installing and using
ALSA.  I am pretty sure that all you need to do with Mandrake is go into MCC
under hardware devices, select sound card and tell it to use the ALSA drivers
for your particular sound card.  IIRC, Mandrake defaults to using OSS drivers
by default.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer