On Thursday 04 Sep 2003 12:08 pm, Angus Auld wrote:
> I got an email message from newbie list that is infected w/ S o b i
> g . F.
>
> Somebody on the list infected? Headers indicate a windows "lookout
> express 6" user.
>
> The subject line was: "[newbie] Re: Your Application" and it was
> from: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". The infected attachment was a
> file called "movie0045.pif".

The following info from a similar thread on the expert list might
help:

Following the headers further down the chain, if they are to be
believed would
seem to indicate the origination was a pacbell DSL modem
(67.122.222.126)
which does belong to Pacbell so is probably accurate.  If anyone on
the list
is using a pacbell DSL modem and has Windows machines attached, you
may want
to check your machine for infection.

Anne
--