Hello Bryan,

BP> It is trivial to spoof the machine name when sending out mail but
BP> spoofing the IP address is NOT  trivial.

If the virus sets up a stack that is *completely* independent, could
it use a different, spoofed IP address? Say, for example, one that was
in the headers of the infected machine email files - real, verifiable,
but not the address from which it was actually sent. [66.32.127.184]

BP> I suppose it is possible that the SoBig.F virus was designed to
BP> seek out and relay through compromised or open proxies  but if
BP> that is the case, it is the first that I have heard of it.

I seem to recall that it did, but I have not paid that much attention
to this virus.

BP> I have been tracking and LARTing spammers for about 5 years now

Keep up the good work, and thanks for doing it! They need all the
harassing they can get.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]