On Saturday 06 Sep 2003 3:12 pm, Flávio Henrique wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> Please I need help to configure the Samba
>
> I have a network with a server running win2kserver and workstations with
> win98, and I want to change the server to Mandrake9.1
> I already installed MD9.1 but how to configure the Samba to validate my
> users/groups and share some files in Linux...
>
> it is all I need: validate the users and share some files...
>
> thanx all

Samba will work "out of the box"
All you need to do is configure the Workgroup name and create users.
There is a Wizard to help you. Just install the drakwizard RPM from your CDs
then your Mandrake Control Centre will have a 'Server' section with a Samba
Wizard in it.

After running the wizard run the command (as root )
smbpasswd -a user_name
for each remote user with files on the server.
(The user name must exist in Linux and Windows)

It is also possible to configure Samba for an authentication server, but I
have never done that.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net