HaywireMac wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:42:43 +0300
Anarky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

does anybody have a palm & use it in Linux? I'd be interested if there is a way of transfering pdfs ... & reading text novels to read
on the palm?

I don't know about .pdf's but if you install J-Pilot, you can install things like games and text novels. Install c-spot-run to read text novels.

1. Update software sources here:

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php

2. Install J-Pilot, Pilot-Link, and Malsync.

Open a terminal prompt, and su to root.

Type "urpmi jpilot pilot-link malsync"

malsync will also enable you to read web pages from the AvantGo service.

some useful links:

http://www.linuxpda.com/visor/howto/current/

that one's for a Visor, but they both run Palm OS, so it should get you
going at least.

http://www.32768.com/bill/palmos/cspotrun/

http://www.memoware.com/

http://www.palmgear.com/

https://my.avantgo.com/home/

here they have clear instructions on how to get your Palm OS device to
sync with their web service.

thansk for all the details .. could you be so speciffic also in after getting all this how I would move a text file into my palm please? thanks with anticipation