One last point, the two e-mail addresses you mentioned, are most likely
spoofed (since sobig.F spoofs the from address).  Take a look at
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
sometime.

Michael
--
Michael Viron
Core Systems Group

At 06:32 PM 9/6/2003 -0700, you wrote:

Message hbtype="st" ?bgcolor="#DEE7EF" hmark="hotbar_element"
hb_focus_attach="true"> Dear List,  I received two viruses (both sobig)
from the newbie list......from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] I
would suggest  getting a good antivirus program. I am using a combination
of Norton, Trend  Micro, AVG and Benign. AVG can be gotten for free, though
I use the registered  version. Benign is a wonderful program that just came
out that neutralizes any  suspicious mail. It can be secured from
www.firetrust.com. There is a 15 day trial  on it and then you have to buy
the program. McAfee has a good program. I am  using XP at the moment, but
also have Lindows installed. I have the Mandrake 9.0  as well, but it is
not installed at the moment. Having gotten a number of  viruses from the
Newbie list, I am surprised because I thought Linux was pretty  much
impervious to viruses. I don't know which of the above programs can be used
 with Linux.  Eric S. Dye, [EMAIL PROTECTED]