On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:44:01 +0000
crak600 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> well, currently all my mail is saved onto my /home partition, but
> every other document/file/picture/whatever i get e-mailed to me that i
> want to save, i save it to my other hard drive, which is all FAT32.  i
> actually do want to figure out how to make KMail save all my e-mail on
> one of those FAT32 partitions, so if i have to wipe out MDK for
> whatever reason (or screw it up and wipe it all out)

if/when you ever had to reinstall Mandrake, you don't have to format
your /home partition, in fact there's no reason to at all.

also, saving your mail to a fat32 partition defeats the whole purpose of
using Linux, ie. you are potentially saving mail that may contain
malicious code that the Windows partition, once booted into that
horrible OS, will do exactly what it is programmed to do, whereas on a
Linux partition it will just sit there, harmless.

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046