Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Dominique Deleris wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have two problems since I have upgraded to Mandrake 6.1 :
> >
> > - I don't see colors anymore in my xterm windows, when I list a
> > directory, though ls --colors is the default.
>
> try ls --color, what says "aliases"? which term prog (xterm?)
>
> > - When I delete icons in the KDE desktop, they are recreated the next
> > time I log on.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
> >
> > Thanks....
> >

> --
> MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
>                                         --Axalon

Axalon,

OK, I've seen that when I log in console mode (not X), my aliases are :
alias cp='cp -i'
alias d='ls'
alias df='df -h'
alias du='du -h'
alias ls='ls --color'
alias mv='mv -i'
alias p='cd -'
alias rm='rm -i'
alias s='cd ..'
alias which='type -path'

When I am under X, alias tells me the same, EXCEPT for alias ls='ls
--color'. This line is contained in /etc/profile.d/color_ls.sh, and this
file is run by /etc/profile. This file should be executed when launching a
terminal window (xterm, rxvt, konsole....)...

What do you think ???

Thanks...