On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 04:27, RichardA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can mount an sdram card using a USB device (camera or card reader),
> but once I've looked at one, if I unmount it, and try to mount another:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] richard]$ mount /mnt/removable/
> mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified
>
> I can still mount the original card at this point.
>
> I don't believe the error message, I think it's something to do with
> autofs, or devfs, not deleting something dynamically. Or something.
>
> But is there a fix?
>
> Richard

fam is doing this - you can disable it as a system service - or stop it
from a term - either which, once you stop fam, then you'll be able to
slap cards'n'cd's without that "ghost" effect...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
The moss on the tree does not fear the talons of the hawk.