Hello all ...

I'm beginning to learn C programming and recently came across an odd
occurence.

When my system is set to boot into graphical mode (via MCC->Boot) everything
with the C programs works fine ... They compile and execute.  However, if I
disable the graphical environment at boot (i.e., boot into a shell, if that's
the right terminology) the C programs will compile w/out error, but they
won't execute ... Instead, I get the following message

"- bash: a.out: command not found."

Even when I then go into an X environment I still get the error message.  But
if I go back into MCC->Boot and select "launch into a graphical environment"
and reboot, everything works fine ...

If anyone has any advice as to how to get the C programs to execute when
booting into a non-graphical environment it'll be most appreciated ...

Thanks in advance ...

Best,
Adam