From: ed tharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: newbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [newbie] Mandrake cd installation problem.
Date: 09 Sep 2003 15:22:36 -0400

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 13:16, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 September 2003 18:46, d2ci1fj g1nf24 wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for the help. It is a wd sata hard drive.
>
> Don't thank too soon:o)
> Afraid I don't have any sata devices here so I don't know any tricks offhand.
> Maybe somebody else here has some experience.
>
> Try googling for it.....that's what I usually do when I've struck something
> seemingly exotic or new.
> AFAIK it should work though.
>
> The drive I was actually asking about was the CD-rom drive from which you're
> trying to install.
> I gathered from your post that the Mdk-installer had problems recognizing it.
> Did you ever try a live-cd system like "knoppix" or "freeduc" and if so did
> that see your cd-rom?
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

sata seems to be something hopefully 9.2 will handle out of the box, but
not 9.1.

Hi,
Thanks for replying was what I meant. The cdrom and scsi problem is a different post. This has to with the hard drive. What should I look for on google? Do you know any programs or commands that make sata compatible with this installation?

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general