Hi,
What is cooker? Is there anyway to fix it? Thanks.

From: ed tharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: newbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [newbie] Mandrake cd installation problem.
Date: 09 Sep 2003 17:22:41 -0400

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 16:54, d2ci1fj g1nf24 wrote:
> >From: ed tharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: newbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: [newbie] Mandrake cd installation problem.
> >Date: 09 Sep 2003 15:22:36 -0400

> > > Don't thank too soon:o)
> > > Afraid I don't have any sata devices here so I don't know any tricks
> >offhand.
> > > Maybe somebody else here has some experience.
> > >
> > > Try googling for it.....that's what I usually do when I've struck
> >something
> > > seemingly exotic or new.
> > > AFAIK it should work though.
> > >
> > > The drive I was actually asking about was the CD-rom drive from which
> >you're
> > > trying to install.
> > > I gathered from your post that the Mdk-installer had problems
> >recognizing it.
> > > Did you ever try a live-cd system like "knoppix" or "freeduc" and if so
> >did
> > > that see your cd-rom?
> > >
> > > Good luck,
> > > HarM
> > >

> >sata seems to be something hopefully 9.2 will handle out of the box, but
> >not 9.1.
> >

> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>
> Hi,
> Thanks for replying was what I meant. The cdrom and scsi problem is a
> different post. This has to with the hard drive. What should I look for on
> google? Do you know any programs or commands that make sata compatible with
> this installation?
it's a kernel thing... you might find some help in cooker? you gonna
have to wait until the kernel supports it good,,, just had a few posts
in the last week about how there is not much of any advantage to sata.
might have been on the expert list tho...

Send and receive larger attachments with Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es