> I have an eMac, running Mac OS X. I want to install Mandrake just for
> fun. Anyway, I downloaded and burned the three 9.1 CDs and I've
> managed to get the installer up and running. However, when I am
> presented with the initialization and formatting options, I don't know
> how to select an external drive. Is this possible? If so, how would I
> go about it?

I used to work with mac for years now, and this is the most asked question ;)
"Can i boot from anexternal device?" Sorry, but it is ___not___ possible. The
hardware of mac does not support to boot from(as example) a firewire harddisk.
it's very great pity :( most of the mac users i know would like to have mac os
x/classic on the internal drive an a linux or something like that on a external
device. may be in one day, mac will be able to handle this, but i dont think so.
i dont know any architecture of hardware(x86, mac, ...) wich supports that.
yeeeah right, you can boot from an external floppy or cd rom drive, but not from
a harddisk. or am i wrong?

nice day, remo