Not that I'm saying wht's happened is right but does anyone think this story is a bit emotive?

I mean it's all abou this poor little 12 year old and is totally ignoring the face that her mother probably got more songs from it than her daughter did.

Me is quite glad me is in the UK

Had it been here the mother would have done comunity service or been fined £100 or sometbing. Assuming of course it even got to court.

Mike

HaywireMac wrote:

Quote:

"Twelve-year-old Brianna Lahara's love for TV theme songs, Christina
Aguilera and the nursery song If You're Happy and You Know It made her a
target of the multibillion-dollar U.S. recording industry. Yesterday,
the seventh grader became the industry's first legal trophy in a massive
crackdown when she promised never to share songs over the Internet again
and her mother agreed to pay $2,000 (U.S.)."

Source:

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030909.ucdcd0910/BNStory/Business/

these fuckers are going to rot in hell.