On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:23:51 +0100, Michael Lothian
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a 6 in 1 card reader (well it has 4 slots init) sda, sdb, sdc
> and sdd are the devices the extra number on the end is the partition
> on the disk.
>
> Since all card reader use the scsi module they are treated as hard
> disks. The problem is we can remove the card without removing the
> whole "drive" and nothing seems to be set up to deal with this.
>
> It's very annoying, and to be honest having to type in options
> scsi-mod max_scsi_luns=255 into my modules.conf very annoying. Why
> can't harddrake do this for me?

This sets the max number of scsi devices? What's the default? I've seen
a thread which says don't edit /etc/modules.conf, but edit
/etc/modutils/aliases, then run update-modules. Myself, I wouldn't know.

> It is a very worrying state of affairs when somehing works better
> under windows than in linux. Especally in something so simple.

Indeed.

> I'd be interested to know how apple implemented it as they use some
> form of BSD underneath the pretty pictures. And it works great on the
> mac

And how soon can we get it into Linux.

Richard
--