I have a 6 in 1 card reader (well it has 4 slots init) sda, sdb, sdc and sdd are the devices the extra number on the end is the partition on the disk.

Since all card reader use the scsi module they are treated as hard disks. The problem is we can remove the card without removing the whole "drive" and nothing seems to be set up to deal with this.

It's very annoying, and to be honest having to type in options scsi-mod max_scsi_luns=255 into my modules.conf very annoying. Why can't harddrake do this for me?

It is a very worrying state of affairs when somehing works better under windows than in linux. Especally in something so simple.

I'd be interested to know how apple implemented it as they use some form of BSD underneath the pretty pictures. And it works great on the mac

Mike