On Thursday 11 September 2003 16:49, Gilligan wrote:
> My "E:" drive is Fat32 and owned by root. How can I change this so it's
> owned by me? I've about RWX and groups,users,etc. Still lost. Too much
> MicroSoft bull.

The gui way would be to change ownership using the file manager as "su",
right-clicking the directory and choosing "properties". Change ownership and
or permissions in the there. Be sure to mark "apply to all subdiercties
etc...." as well or you still won't get far:o)

the console way (and quicker) would be (as "su")
"chmod" or "chown". Read up on those using "man chown" on the same
commandline.

Good luck,
HarM