Merlin Zener wrote:

Hi,

I just logged out and back in again after creating a new user, but it
just puts me back in as myself. Can anyone tell me where to find the
instructions to make it ask which user to log on as? I thought it was
only logging on as me just because I was the only username on it, but
now even though there's two users it still just starts up as if it's
only me. [did any of that make sense?] :)

[oh yeh - Mandrake 9.0, just using whatever defaults it suggested when
installing...]

You probably have autologin selected. It may have been organised differently in 9.0, but in 9.1 the setting is in the Mandrake Control Center under Boot - go to DrakBoot and make sure that you have selected "No, I don't want to autologin." The other possibility is that you have autologin selected in the KDE Control Center (which if you use KDE is actually the better way to do it). In that case, go to System->Login Manager. Click Administrator Mode, then select Convenience, and None under Preselect User.

Sir Robin

-- "There are other rules, but you'll find out what those are when you break them." - Blake's 7

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533