On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:41:40 -0400
"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday 11 September 2003 05:02 pm, Heather/Femme wrote:
>
> > K which of these do I want for ripping music from some CD's & making
> > them into Mp3's?  Ideas pls?  Helps?  I've never ripped music
> > before...but I know LAME *in the windows world* is the best
> > encoder/ripper/decoder out there.  Is this true for linux?
> >
> > Thx
> > Femme
>
> Why not just use Grips default setting, i.e., cdparanoia (rip) -
> oggenc (encode)? It works great here, "out of the box" with all 3
> comps.
>
> Just a thought. :-)
>
> --
>
>                                                           /\
>                                                 Dark><Lord
>                                                           \/

Cause LAME works better .. least it does in the windows world... shrugs.

I have an ear for music and I've found alot of other programs bork the
sound enough its annoying.  Hisses, crackles, whines, etc.

So do I understand correctly that LAME for linux isn't a standalone
program like it is for windows?

Femmers