Heather/Femme wrote:

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:08:24 -0400
Greg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday 11 September 2003 11:05 pm, Miark wrote:

Fine for playing on your 'puter but don't know of a portable Ogg
player.

They're comin'. I know of a few that'll be out within the month. But
granted, if Femme is looking into encoding for a portable player,
she's stuck with MP3.

Is there a place to find out about these so called portable ogg vorbis

players? I'm in the market and have been looking at the machines by
iriver. Supposedly they are going to be offering a firmware upgrade
to provide vorbis support, but I cannot find anything new on the
status of this.-- /g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx

saw a review on IRiver ... IIRC its either going outta business OR just
got a bad bad review... I'll have to look to be sure though.

Rio & the iPod are the best.

and fwiw, ya I wanna put this stuff onto um... little things, looks like
a mini casette but its not... damnit... I hate being stoned..

DAT?

anyway Iwanna putit on that...so mp3 is my only option...

Flying Femme

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
12:15:00 up 5 days, 23:31,  1 user,  load average: 0.38, 0.39, 0.37

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)