On Friday 12 September 2003 06:27, Russ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to dl Knoppix so I can try it on a laptop we have. However,
> it gets to about 20 secs left to go then tells me that there is not
> enough disk space left. I am dl it to my home directory which is 19gigs
> (mostly free), the file is only 650megs.
>
> Can anyone tell me why this won't let me do it?
>
> I am using Mozilla dl manager if that matters.
>
> Thanks
> Russ

Had a topic on this one on the expert list on the rc2 iso downloads.

The crux was/is you can use rsync to download the missing  or broken parts so
you will not need to download the whole thing.

Here's the link to a nice howto, that'll work for the knoppix Dload to if
changed appropiately.

http://cybercfo.gkmweb.com/rsync-mandrakeiso.html

Works like a charm.

Good luck,
HarM

Btw for dloading I always have excellent results with konqueror.
I use 2 panes side by side, one /home/triade/dloads/ and the other the remote
ftp site.
Then it's simply drag&drop and "copy here"!:o)