On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:00:05 +0000
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip> >
> Once you have lame installed ( check you don't already, by doing in a
> terminal,
> rpm -qa | lame   and see what it says. I think you will find it
> already installed) install the attatched  bash script wav2mp3
> somewhere the system can find it like /usr/bin,  or /usr/local/bin and
> follow the instructions in wav2mp3command file attatched.
>
> This script has ripped and encoded to mp3 for me, not that I use it
> much , it's just to get my daughters .wav files on their CD's onto
> their mp3 mobile players, so much more stable than those mobile CD
> players, or so they tell me. I only play CD's myself and don't store
> any music on my hard drive.
>
> John

Ty!  so just install lame & put this script into /usr/bin ... run Lame
and it does the rest is that it?

sorry I'm reaaaaaally new to this stuff so.. um forgive the idiotic
questions..

oh & btw I guess its not possible to rip 2 cd's @ once is it?  With 2
separate devices?  IE: I have a dvdrom & a cdwriter...can I rip cd's
from both of those all at once?  Saving me some time?  or is that
impossible?

Femme