On Friday 12 September 2003 02:53 am, Heather/Femme wrote:

>  So lemme get this straight:
>
> you can't rip directly to MP3 in linux at all?? Only OGG? (which I am
> still leery about using...)...

No, they are suggesting you use OGG instead of MP3 but you can use MP3 if you
like.  I do myself, I know that OGG is better but if I want to send a file to
someone, the only way I can be sure that they can use it is to use MP3.
Also, If I want to play these in my standalone DVD player that supports MP3
files, I can't use OGG.

In Grip, you can go to the configure tab and tell it what encoder to use.  If
you tell it to rip to .mp3, it will encode to mp3.  At least it does on my
system.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer