Dear EFF Supporter:

This is astounding - in the first 24 hours, over 6,000 people have
signed
our petition to stop the Recording Industry Association of America's
(RIAA)
nationwide rampage against average Americans.  Rather than working to
create a rational, legal means by which its customers can take advantage
of
file-sharing technology and pay a fair price for the music they love, it
has chosen to sue people like Brianna LaHara, a 12 year-old girl living
in
New York City public housing.  Take a stand against the RIAA's tactics
by
signing our petition:

http://www.eff.org/share/petition/

Brianna, and hundreds of other music fans like her, are being forced to
pay
thousands of dollars they do not have to settle RIAA-member lawsuits --
supporting a business model that is anything but rational. This crusade
is
generating thousands of subpoenas and hundreds of lawsuits, but not a
single penny for the artists that the RIAA claims to protect.

Copyright law shouldn't make criminals out of 60 million Americans, and
it's time for a change.  Congress is going to hold hearings; we need
your
help to make sure that the public's voice is heard.  Tell Congress that
it's time to stop the madness:

http://www.eff.org/share/petition/

We'll deliver the petition to Congress once we've hit 10,000 signatures.
This is a grassroots campaign - please take the time to tell your
friends
and family about this issue. Thanks for support!

Sincerely,

Ren Bucholz
EFF Activist
Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org