On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 06:15, Noah A Hicks wrote:

> Thanks all for the input
> After messing around with the BIOS it seems apparent that my problem is
> located there.  After turning off "quiet boot" I could observe the system
> checking the memory up to "127mb passed ok".
> The memory setting in the bios does not allow me to change the value (ie
> it just displays the number)  Is there any way to force the BIOS to
> recognize my 256mb chip?
>
> Thanks
> -Noah

Hate to say this, but if BIOS ain't seeing it, you can TRY to update
your BIOS, but chances are that it ain't going to see the RAM. The issue
might actually be that the RAM you are putting in is either a different
speed or it could be "double sided" whereas your current RAM is "single
sided" - or vice versa...

Try booting the machine with only the new RAM and see if it's
recognised...if not, then, well, um, you're shafted.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
panic("mother..."); 2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/cpqarray.c