On Sunday September 14 2003 10:04 am, Russ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I attempted to install BibleTime from an rpm designed for mdk9.1
> because they had none for 9.0 (which I am running). I recieved
> several failed dependancies. I was able to get an answer from
> them and was told I would probably need to compile it from a
> source code.

    Probly, but before you go with a tarball, try to find a Mandrake
src.rpm. I just looked an found one for 9.2, so they must exist.
Try an find one closest to version 9.0 and, as root
    rpm --rebuild bibletime-1.2.2-2mdk.src.rpm
   (that's the 9.2 cooker version, it probly won't work)

   If that doesn't work out for you, then you'll need to learn about
compiling from source tarballs. Start here, read all 3 pages
 http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/basics/bsource.html

Hint, when you believe you're ready to compile, use
  ./configure --prefix=/usr   rather than just plain ./configure
That'll put the binaries created in directories normally used by
Mandrake. Otherwise the program will probly put 'em in /usr/local

   You'll probly have more questions after readin mandrakeuser, so
holler back ;)