On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:03:16 -0700, Russ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I downloaded the iso's (md9.1) but each one said it stalled instead of
> finished (I used Konquerer). However, the size of each file was
> correct and it seemed to burn ok (I can read each disk in Konquerer).
> Is it safe?

Compare the md5sums for the iso's official ones. If they match, the two
are the same bit-for-bit.
There's a cleverer way, but I just run "md5sum <name>.iso and visually
compare the output with the one on the web page.

> For a home desktop computer, what is the harm in one partition verses
> 3 (/, usr, home)? I set this up several months ago and left part of my
> drive open for a Win partition. I do not want to do that now (which is
> one of the reasons why I just want to redo the whole thing). I want to
> devote the entire 60gigs to Linux. I don't need to boot into multiple
> flavors either (Mandrake is just fine).

One partition is reasonable for a home user, but if you want to
re-install, having /home on a separate partition makes life much easier.
Perhaps just do / and /home?

Richard
--
"Get up and turn I loose"