Richard Urwin wrote:

It seems only 2.4 comes with 9.2
So what is involved in installing a 2.6 kernel? Would someone like to give us frightened newbies a quick rundown on how it's done? Will it lead to dependency hell etc.? or is it as easy as installing it from rpm? or is it a matter of building from source but everything will work?

There's stuff in 2.6 that I don't want to wait until 10.0 for.

I feel very similaly .. 2.4 multimedia kernel might contain some stuff .. but I'm not sure ... I'm a begginer too ... I don't expect it too be VERY hard .. it's just that .. well .. I have a download problem ... so I can't use urpmi all that much ... however I can download unlimited from other places nt from my computer .. so I'm wondering ... any way I could obtain an exact list of dependencies of what I'd need starting out with 9.2 to install a 2.6 kernel?