On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 19:03, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 01:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I use Evolution on my main box and just updated my laptop to the latest
> version.  For some reason the laptop Evo refuses to recognize the files
> that are backed up from the main machine.  How to I get them
> synchronized?
>
> Rich

It sounds like a perms problem.

If you've put the evolution subdirectory back into your
/home/yournamehere directory, you should su to root, then do:

chown -R mylogin:mylogin evolution

...this would then change the permissions to YOUR permissions; once
you've done that, then fire up Evolution again.

I'm assuming that when you backed up Evo you did back up that entire
subdirectory structure, yes?

A trick I use to make Evo run a tad bit faster is to put the evolution
subdirectory structure on a faster drive (SCSI) and create a link to it
from my /home/mynamehere directory - this also makes for doing great
automagic backups without disturbing other bits'n'bobs...

That was my first thought and I did a chmod to the evo directory without much luck, chown didn't help either.  I tried removing evo and downloading again, but things just got worse; every time I clicked on the Summary icon, evo crashed.

I tried using rpm -e to remove the package but the message was "the package is not installed".  When I used rpm -i to install, it says that it's there and up to date.  The evolution binary is missing from the /usr/bin directory.

I'm a little puzzled as to what I should do next.

Rich
--
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>