Dennis Myers wrote:
On Friday 05 September 2003 01:24 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Tony,

I used that link. Many packages gave me the message:

        "The signature of the package xxxxxxxxxxx is not correct
        No GPG signature package
        Do you want to install it anyway?"

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanx,

Ayoub

<snip>

Go here to para 1.3 and get the gpg keys.       http://plf.zarb.org/
HTH

Hi,

I downloaded the keys but got dependency inconsistency/conflict when updating the LM9.0.

Rather than spend time getting LM9.0 to work again, I decided to spend the time trying to get LM9.1 to work. I jetisond LM9.0 and installed LM9.1.

During the installation I configured LM9.1 to start up into KDE GUI. Like before at bootup I ended up at the command line prompt instead of gui.
I used command line urpmi to install Xtart to try and get the GUI to work that way. KDE would not start, but Xtart gave me the option to start iceWM too. I never used iceWM before and I thought that it was time to try it. After some failed attempts to start KDE I tried iceWM. Lo and behold it started and I found that all the KDE applications were also available to me through there.

I decided not to try running any KDE modules before doing all security updating. I closed iceWM and at the CLI I reinstalled all of KDE including all its security updates. Still it did not work.

I have I long way to go before I have a properly working LM9.1.

Can someone please give me pointers to show me how to use urpmi to update urpmi? Can I update urpmi using urpmi the way I update other rpms using urpmi?

Thanx,

Ayoub