I installed BibleTime as a user. It installed prefectly (in md9.1) but I had to create a link. I logged in as another user and I was able to run it. I simply downloaded the rpm the doubleclicked on it from Konq (I'm not sure if I was in su mode or not).

Thanks
Russ

Derek Jennings wrote:

Also, when I install a program as a user, where does it go? and can
other users run it? I guess there is no way to have the link
automatically show up on the K-menu (and other manager menus)?

It goes wherever you put it within your home directory. Typically ~/bin , or ~/local and No. Programs installed as a user cannot be used by anyone else.
(Well not unlesss you fiddle with permissions and then force the Mandrake security system to ignore what you have done)

Yes you can get a link in all your Window Manager Menus, simply by running menudrake, defining a menu entry and selecting the option for "all WMs"

What is the application you are trying to install as a user? Any Mandrake RPM will install as root, and will automatically add a menu item.

derek