HaywireMac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@linux-mandrake.com on 09/18/2003
05:29:34 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Subject:    Re: [newbie] Palm USB sync

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:08:03 -0700
[EMAIL PROTECTED] uttered:

> I'm trying to sync my Palm (not Visor, not Zaire) device using a USB
> cradle and encountering difficulty.  I had been successful in sync-ing
> with the serial port, but that was very, very slow (20 minutes
> including Avantgo). I've scoured the net using keywords such as USB
> Linux Mandrake Palm Sync and various permutations there-of, but
> without much success.  I'm concerned that I may have deleted the USB
> driver or somesuch.

this is what got me going, it shouldn't matter whether whether it's a
Palm or Visor, they are all supported by the same module/driver.

http://www.linuxpda.com/visor/howto/current/introduction.html

there's a section on how to load the driver modules if yours are either
"deleted" (how the heck would you do that?) or not present.

BTW, what version of MDK are you running?

=-=-=

Mandrake 9.1 w/KDE (I know you don't like that), thanks for the link, I'll
try it when I get home -- it's what I've been looking for!  I'd not
realized that Visor and Palm used the same module.

Thanks,
Max