I have the same problem with my mdk9.1 system.  Each time I access a Window$ machine
(all W2K) on our network, it sends that particular machine into a tizzy of CPU madness
(100% -> 0% ->100%, etc., etc.) that won't stop unless you power down the machine and
restart after a few minutes.  The hard drive is not being hit during this time.

Since I have dual-boot, I've tried to do the same thing from W2K to the other machines
but cannot reproduce the problem.  It's only when I use LinNeighborhood to see and
attach to a resource.

Thanks,

Kirk